Wednesday, June 24, 2009

TXTing Sucks

So at 11:15PM tonight I received the following text message from the boy from last night:

"I apologize for my crazy behavior last night"

What the hell does that mean? He is sorry for telling me he liked me, dragging me back to his apartment, making out with me in the bar, on the street, in the elevator, on the couch and in his bed? Was that the crazy behavior he is sorry for? Or was it for being a silly drunk, ordering chicken wings at 10:30PM and being all sappy with his roommate?

I replied at 11:25PM with the following:

"No prob. Just curious, did you mean anything you said? Or was that the alcohol talking?"

Its now 11:54PM and I haven't heard back yet.

Problem is TXTing sucks and isn't clear. Was I clear with what I wrote? He certainly wasn't clear with what he wrote. What is clear is that what we each wrote made sense to the writer.

Could ESL (English As A Second Language) be the. issue??

And why hasn't he written back, and why am I being such a girl about this? Ugh. Perhaps he is asleep already, and I'll find get a text in the AM?!?

2 Comments:

Blogger alterego said...

You need to take a deep breath and go against your instincts to text right back in these situations.

7:53 AM  
Blogger alterego said...

...or if you really can't help yourself (and you certainly didn't with your response) - and you MUST respond immediately - next time just be as cryptic as he was. How about: "Not sure what you mean." Let him then elaborate.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home