Sunday, July 05, 2009

Cruising on the L train


On my way into Manhattan yesterday I had to transfer from the N train to the L train. I walked into a car and saw a really attractive guy. At first I couldn’t tell which team he played for. And no, not the Yankees or the Mets, I wondered if he was Gay or Straight. Yes, sometimes my “Gaydar” doesn’t work.

And furthermore, if you are attracted to me, and you know I’m looking at you, why not give some visual clue, right?

So I disembarked from the train and went on with my business, assuming I’d never see this guy again. But that would not be the case.

I was hanging out with two friends last night at Barracuda in Chelsea. And who walks up to me but L Train guy. Turns out he was gay (duh!). We had a really nice chat (it turns out he lived in my neighborhood), while my friends awkwardly looked on. I really hate picking someone up in front of my friends. We exchanged numbers and he promised to call. And he did:

At 3:02AM I received a call from him, as he was making his way back home. I was already in bed, ready to catch some Zsss. We had a flirty conversation and I could see where this was headed – a booty call. I was kind of disappointed as I was hoping for an actual date. He said he’d call me when he came above ground.

I never got that phone call. Instead I received the following stream of TXTs:

RT (4:26AM): What’s Up? Where are you??
RT (4:31AM): Whatever…
RT (7:58AM): What are you up to this morning?

PP (10:53AM): Morning, Sorry I fell asleep last night and missed your TXTs. Just woke up. What are you up to?

RT (10:53AM): Nothing Special. You?

Not wanting to deal with TXTs, I call. No answers.

PP (10:55AM): Call me.

RT (10:56AM): What’s up?

PP (10:58AM): Nothing, just lying in bed. You not feeling like talking on the phone??

RT (11:00AM): I’m not a big phone talker…And I did drugs last night. I haven’t slept. Is that gross?

PP (11:03AM): Ah that explains last nights/this mornings TXTs. Get some sleep!

RT (11:05AM): It was just blow… When can we hook up?
RT (11:13AM): Okay I’m gross. I’ll leave you alone.

And scene…WTF?!?!? Yes, you can’t make this shit up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home