Saturday, July 11, 2009

Small Steps for...gay kind?

So I'd like to pat myself on the back for two small steps I made in the right direction tonight. Granted I wouldn't have to make these steps if I wasn't such a dumb ass to begin with when it comes to men.

Step 1: When I was out a few weeks ago I ran into an old trick. I had many reservations about this guy which is why I never called him after our one night stand over a year ago. Not to say that the first encounter wasn't hot. But there were signs that said to me danger, curves ahead. So I never called him again.

But life is funny, and every time I put something out to the universe it seems to come back to me. I was just saying to a friend "Hey remember that Australian guy from last year? Have you ever seen him out?" And no less than two days later there he was right in front of me. (I keep putting win a Million Dollars out to the universe, but that one hasn't come back to me yet!!)

So as I said, while out two weeks ago, I ran into Aussie man. We danced the night away together. And we were all flirty on the dance floor. I was heading out of town the next day, but we agreed to get in touch. He had visitors coming into town the following weekend so we settled on today.

I awoke this morning, and sent a txt message asking if we were still on for tonight. He said, "Yes, I'll call you after work." This was an immediate red flag for me. I wasa bit confused. I even said to a friend today, "I'm not sure if I have a date or a booty call tonight."

Well at 6:45PM he finally called. And told me head needed to meet the Aussie friends for a drink at 8PM in the west village, and asked if he could come out me way at 11PM. Ok, so I wasn't crazy. It was a booty call. Really?!? I hastily agreed to the arrangement. And ate some dinner in front of the television.

At around 8PM, I decided I wanted to go to the gym. On my way there I also decided to cancel on Aussie man. I just can't do all this casual sex anymore. Where is it getting me?? No freaking where. I'm no prude, and don't have any issues with hooking up -- sometimes you just need a good fuck. But what I really want is a relationship!

He texted me back and apologized for the "mix up" with the plans and for "messing up my night." He even invited me out to meet up with him and his friends. Um, a little to late! I declined.

Step 2: At 11:40PM, while typing this post, I received a TXT from another guy I've been "seeing". The sex with this guy is amazing! And we actually have a lot in common. I'd even consider dating him, but he's in his 40's and is an Actor. He could go out of town for a gig at any time. And what's the point to starting a relationship with someone like that, in fact I don't think he wants to start anything anyways. I wrote back that I was unavailable and in addition that I was no longer doing the casual sex thing. His response..."I don't have enough of it to give it up."

So I think I've made two good decisions tonight. While its nice to be wanted, its also nicer to make decisions that I think are healthy for me in the long run.

Let's see how long this will last...any guesses?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home